Thursday, August 2, 2007

Oh, yeah.

I did figure out one thing in an idle moment on vacation last week. How to paste from Excel to the R console. Thought y'all might like something like that. I should probably do another featurecast soon to show some of the things that have been fleshed out a bit. These include...


  • Multi-level hinting. If you have "plot(foo()," the hinting mechanism will show you "plot," rather than nothing

  • Drag-n-drop from the workspace to the console gets a summary() on those objects

  • Excel (or Excel-like things I suppose. Anything that posts VALU or NSTabularPboardType) pasting

  • Device recording, with the option to deactivate as well as clear plot listing

  • Clear the console

  • Copying text from the console optionally does so in a "source()-able" manner. i.e. prompts and output are removed.

  • Keybindings for popular things like Command-= to give you "<-"

  • TextMate-style brace handling. i.e. select some text and type "(" (or ",`,',{,[,Command-[) and it will put the appropriate bracket around the selected text.

  • An editor. :-)

  • Preferences :-)



Any requests?

I'm sure there's other stuff I've forgotten at this point, but I'm still unburying myself otherwise and getting ready to head to BioC'07 in a couple of days.

No comments: